Things to Consider When Shopping for Coffee Tables
With so many designers and furniture companies around, how do you decide on a coffee table? And how do you know what shape, size, colour, and material is best for you? If you are an indecisive person, too many choices can pose a high degree of difficulty. Here are a few tips to help you make the tough decision:
- Size matters. For a small room, it is best to stay away from large coffee tables. An oversized table will make the room look cramped. On the other hand, if you have a gigantic living room, you do not want to buy a coffee table the size of a Chihuahua. You want to choose something that can fill that empty space, so the room can have a cosier feel to it.
- Choosing the right shape depends on the rest of the furniture in the room. If you have long bulky sofas, then a rectangular shaped table will be best to ensure that guests will have easier access to it from where they are sitting. For more of a vintage style lounge, you might want to consider an oval or round table to fit with the style. If you are hoping to save space, but need an extra table, consider buying two separate coffee tables. This way, the smaller table can fit underneath the bigger one, and you can still use the smaller table when you need it.
- Extra features can save space. If you have many magazines or books that normally clutter table tops, get a coffee table with drawers where the items can be stored. This also gives you and your visitors easy access to items without it taking away from the aesthetic appeal of the table.
- Choose the material wisely. A big oddly shaped wooden table is great, but if you have a small modern flat, it is better to select a smaller glass or metal table that fits the style and available space.
Styling the Furniture Piece to Inspire
Now that you know how to select the right coffee table according to space and layout requirements, you need to style it. Nobody likes a mediocre table with nothing on it.
Here are some ideas on styling the coffee table to make it more inviting:
- Decorate the furniture piece with the right number of big and small objects. Make sure to leave enough space open for the coffee tray.
- Find inspiration in the seasons of the year. Winter is cold, so you want it to look cosy. With a thick tablecloth, a lantern, and two or three home styling books, the space will look more inviting. In summer, what could look better than adding some outdoor adventure or travel magazines? Springtime is about rebirth and hope so consider adding brightly coloured flowers to the mix. Let the golden colours and leaves inspire you during Autumn.
Where to Buy
Coffee tables are often the centrepieces of living rooms. View our exquisite range and order the perfect piece for your home. We make online ordering as pleasurable as shopping in-store at our showroom.